Reportase.one – Aston Martin team boss Mike Krack admitted that the club had considered replacing its lead driver, Lance Stroll, with driver Sebastian Vettel, following an injury Stroll caught earlier in the season.
However, Krack revealed he chose to be on the initial strategy, considering that Vettel had also decided to retire from Formula 1. Recently. Krack said he and the team respected the decision.
“Tempted (to recall Vettel)? Yes, 100 percent. But we didn’t, because we have so much respect for Sebastian and the decisions he made at that time. We want to respect him, and we don’t want to put him in a difficult position,” Krack said as quoted from the official F1 website, Wednesday.
Meanwhile, Vettel decided to retire from F1 ahead of last year’s summer break. The four-time world champion has recorded 53 race wins and 57 pole positions throughout his career with Aston Martin.
Lewis Hamilton for Film, Collaborates with Director “Top Gun: Maverick”
Vettel’s presence was replaced by Fernando Alonso, who has so far won the third podium at the Bahrain Grand Prix and the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix. Meanwhile Stroll suffered wrist and ankle injuries in a practice accident, keeping him out of pre-season testing.
Furthermore, Krack added that he received a special message from Vettel after Aston Martin scored a breakthrough podium with Alonso in the opening race. Vettel assess Aston Martin has increased performance.
“We keep exchanging news. Sebastian congratulated us very politely, after our first podium in Bahrain,” said Krack.
“I always tell him that this is also his merit, because he really took us one step further over the previous two years. He brought us up in many fields, where we have learned a lot and developed a lot,” he added. (BETWEEN)
Ferrari Remains Optimistic Despite Experiencing a Challenging Beginning of the F1 Season